September 28, 2017
Coach Smiley and the Cardinals are prepared for a monster trip to Roswell, NM. The business trip includes the Cardinals being razor sharp and lazer focused on a crew that has had an extra week to prepare for the Cardinals.
- TVCC 82 Arkansas Baptist 6
- Cards were 30/34 for 446 yds thru the air
- TVCC had 35 first downs
- The Cardinals had 741 yards of Total Offense
- The Cardinals 82 points is the 3rd highest total in TVCC history.
(Coach Smiley was involved in 18 of the 20 highest scoring totals in history.)
September 28, 2017
Coach Jamie Driskell and the Tigers are 3-0 after a high scoring shoot out in Tyler last week. Coach Driskell visits with HCN and talks about adjustments, tweaks, and modifications that they have made moving forward.
September 26, 2017
Athens is set to open up district play this Friday night against Mabank at Bruce Field. As an added bonus, it is Homecoming. Listen in as Coach Paul Essary and HCN's Tim Howard and Michael V. Hannigan talk Hornet football.
September 21, 2017
A 31-27 loss in the final moments of last weeks game at Blinn has left a salty taste in the mouth of TVCC. Coach Smiley says his team is responding and are back to work and eager to get under the lights Saturday Night Bruce Field in Athens. TVCC is now 3-1 on the years and 2-1 in Conference.
September 20, 2017
Coach Jamie Driskell and Malakoff will take the field on Friday night aginst the Grace Cougars. This will be Coach Driskells 100th game as the Head Coach of Malakoff. Take a listen and go behind the bench with the Athletic Director and Head Coach and find out what the TIgers feel it will take to get them to 3-0 in the early 2017 football season.
September 19, 2017
Coach Paul Essary takes on one of his former players, Robinson Head Coach Tommy Allison this Friday night. The Hornets will make the drive an hour and half a way looking to get back on the winning road, and improve to 2-2.
September 14, 2017
TVCC Coach Brad Smiley discusses the upcoming road game against Blinn.
- No. 3 TVCC is 3-0, 2-0 and No. 14 Blinn is 2-0, 2-0
- This is the third straight week TVCC is playing a nationally ranked opponent
- TVCC's special teams are red hot
- The Cardinal defense has not allowed a point in the second half all season
Quotable: "When we're averaging 14 to 15 yards better starting field position offensively than our opponents because of the great work being done by the Dog Team, which is our kick off unit, and our Quick Six Team, which is our kick off return unit, that's huge. It's the hidden yardage in the game."
September 12, 2017
Coach Paul Essary looks at Friday night's game against Red Oak.
- First road game, going to Red Oak Friday night.
- Red Oak is the biggest team the Hornets have faced so far.
- Both teams 1-1.
- Hornets getting players back from injury.
Quotable: "They're going to dress out 50 to 60 players on the sideline. They're twice the size school we are. But that's OK, you only put 11 out on the field at a time. It doesn't matter how many are on the sideline."
September 7, 2017
TVCC Coach Brad Smiley reviews the Cardinal win over Navarro and looks forward to hosting NEO Saturday evening.
- TVCC gutted out a tough win over Navarro last week on the road, 25-19.
- Winning on the road isn't easy.
- Next up for the Cardinals is Northeastern Oklahoma A&M.
- There are familiar faces on the NEO sideline.
- Kickoff is 6 p.m. Saturday at Bruce Field.
QUOTABLE: "Winning on the road is extremely tough at every level. Whether your talking about middle school, high school, junior college, university level four-year schools, the NFL. Winning on the road is difficult."
September 7, 2017
PODCAST: Malakoff Coach Jamie Driskell discusses the Tigers win over Bullard and their upcoming battle against Rusk.
- The game is Malakoff's home opener for 2017. Kickoff scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Friday at Tiger Stadium.
- Lost possessions hurt the Tigers in last week's win and that's something Malakoff has to clean up.
- Rusk has two very good offensive weapons.
- Friday night is going to be a dog fight.
QUOTABLE: "It'll be crazy, it'll be wild. It will be something they'll remember for a long time. There's nothing like running out with your fans there and hopefully this place is rocking." -- Coach Driskell on what it's like for players to run out on the field at home for the first time.